- Email address
- First and last name
- Billing and shipping address
- Credit card information
- And so on
- Privacy Statement
- Privacy Notice
- Privacy Information
- Privacy Page
- Notice. Data collectors (meaning, you or your company) must make clear what they are doing with the personal information from users before gathering it.
- Choice. The companies collecting the data must respect the choices of users on what information to provide and how personal that provided information will be.
- Access. Users should be able to view or contest the accuracy of personal data collected by the company.
- Security. The companies are entirely responsible for the accuracy and security (keeping it properly away from unauthorized eyes and hands) of the collected personal information.
- Web sites
- WordPress blogs, or any other platforms: Joomla!, Drupal etc.
- E-commerce stores
- Desktop apps
- Digital products.
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. The obliges organizations to offer clear and accurate statements about their information collecting practices and it also limits usage and sharing of financial data
- COPPA law. The act is especially for web sites that gather information about children under 13 – any site of this category is legally obliged to adhere to the restrictions implemented by the act.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. The act applies to online health services too.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act.
- SOPIPA law. This act applies if you collect personal data from students.
- Content Eraser law. This law applies if you collect data from minors (under the age of 18).
- That the privacy of your users is protected
- That you take full responsibility to protect the privacy of your users
- That you comply with active privacy laws.
- What information you collect from users. “Information” means “personal information”: any kind of information that has the potential to identify a user.
- What will you do with the collected personal information
- With whom you share the collected personal information, i.e. with third-parties
- Contact information, such as email address
- Name, profession and date of birth
- Preferences and interests
- And so on
- You may use the data gathered to help towards development of new services or improve your existing services
- You may send users emails about special offers, new services or other information that may be interesting for them
- You may use their data to get in touch with them in order to invite them to participate in market research
- Nonetheless, their personal information may be used to personalize their sessions on your website in order to better fit their interests, such as offering them relevant, individually tailored content
- The Information Collection And Use section is the most important section of the entire agreement where you need to inform users what kind of personal information you collect and how you are using that information.
- A Log Data disclosure section should inform users that certain data are collected automatically from the web browser users are using and through the web server you’re using: IP addresses, browser types (Firefox, Chrome etc.), browser versions and various pages that users are visiting.
- A Cookies disclosure should inform users that you may store cookies on your their computers when they visit the pages of your website.This applies even if you use Google Analytics (which would store cookies) or any other third party that would store cookies.It’s best to do this through a separate Cookies Policy.
- A Security disclosure in the policy can give users assurance that their personal data is well protected, but you may also want to note that no method is 100% secure.The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.Example of trust elements can include SSL certificates. Definitely use SSL certificates if you have an ecommerce store.
Information You Provide: You provide us information about yourself, such as your name and e-mail address, if you register for an account with the Service, including by connecting to the Service via a third-party service, or by “following,” “becoming a fan,” adding the Asana application, etc., on a third party website or network.
We may use your email address to send you Service-related notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail). We may also use your contact information to send you marketing messages. If you don’t want to receive these messages, you can opt out by following the instructions in the message. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
At GNM we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:1. To provide personalised services unique to individual users.2. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer3. To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free for people who visit it.4. If we have permission from the user, to market services to them.
- What kind of personal information you collect?
- What kind of personal information is collected automatically, e.g. via the web server (Apache, nginx etc.)?
- What kind of third parties are collecting personal information from your users?
- How are you using that personal information?
- Do you send promotional emails (newsletters)? If yes, can users opt-out? If so, how?
- And so on
By clicking “Submit” I agree that:
- I may receive communications from eBay and can change my notification preferences in My eBay.
- I am at least 18 years old.
- Information Collection And Use
- Log Data
- Links To Other Sites
- Contact Us